Chief Executive Officer
Powell Valley Electric Cooperative
Due to the retirement of its longtime General Manager, the Board of Directors of Powell Valley Electric Cooperative invites applications from qualified individuals to serve as the co-op’s Chief Executive Officer.
PVEC serves over 32,000 members across Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, and is an all-requirements wholesale customer of the Tennessee Valley Authority. The cooperative is financially strong with annual revenues over $60M, total utility plant of over $122M, and is fueled by a dedicated, hardworking workforce of 57 employees across three district offices.
The Board seeks candidates with a broad knowledge base who are accomplished and visionary leaders, and who utilize their strong business acumen to achieve operational excellence and external impact. A humble, other-focused attitude should accompany a hands-dirty work ethic that inspires employees, members, and the community to a greater understanding of the value the cooperative brings to the community.
The CEO shall be responsible for:
• Serving as the strategic leader of the organization, working collaboratively with the Board of Directors to plan, measure, and evaluate company results
• Developing plans, policies, and procedures that produce operational excellence
• Attracting and retaining high-performing talent to PVEC’s workforce
• Ensuring its ongoing financial strength and compliance with legal, regulatory, and lender requirements
• Implementing transformational initiatives and projects
• Communicating and inspiring confidence in the co-op’s mission among employees and the community
• Working constructively with external partners
Potential candidates should have a minimum of five years of progressively responsible senior management experience in the electric utility industry or related field. Electric cooperative experience is a plus, as is experience with a TVA-affiliated local power company. Understanding of and commitment to the cooperative business model is essential. A four-year degree is required, although equivalent experience may also be considered.
PVEC is offering an excellent compensation and complete benefits package. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and any other supporting materials to the cooperative’s Interim CEO at email@example.com. All applications will be held in strict confidence. The deadline for applications is October 19.
PVEC is an equal opportunity employer.