Powell Valley Electric Cooperative makes it easy to connect to our service. PVEC requires a completed application for service, two forms of identification, and payment of a membership fee and deposit before service can be connected.
Application for service
Applicants must have a photo ID and a second form of identification.
As a member-owned co-op, all members must pay a $5.00 membership fee.
Powell Valley requires a deposit of two times the average bill in the past 12 months for the service location. If no history is available or electric service for a new location is established the following deposit amounts apply:
|House, Mobile Home||$260.00|
|Barn, Electric Fence||$50.00|
Deposits will be refunded after paying on time for 12 consecutive months.
A deposit can be waived if you meet certain requirements (good credit history with PVEC, good credit history from previous electric utility or a third party co-signer). Contact your local PVEC office for information.
Line Extensions and Charges
- PVEC will build up to 1000’ of overhead power line to a permanent residence. Permanent residence is defined as home or mobile home.
- PVEC will build up to 400’ of overhead power line to a cabin, barn, or an electric fence.
- PVEC will build up to 200’ of overhead power line to a vacation home or camper.
- For extensions above this amount there is a charge of $4.20 per foot.
- Underground facilities are also available. For primary underground facilities a charge of $5.00 per foot is added to the underground line distance. For underground secondary or services a charge of $1.75 per foot is added. We also allow the consumer to dig their own ditch and PVEC will credit $0.50 per foot of ditch length.
Please complete an Underground waiver of liability