Tennessee State Electrical Permits may now be purchased online or at a Powell Valley Electric Cooperative office. To purchase electrical permits online visit core.tn.gov. A first time user will need to create an account. This account will be used to purchase a permit, print a permit or to request an inspection. You will need to know the electrical permit number to schedule an inspection or to purchase additional permits for the same location.
Steps for using the online system:
1. Visit core.tn.gov.
2. On the left side of the screen under “New User”, select “Register a new account.”
3. To purchase a permit:
• Select “Apply for a New Type of License, Permit or Registration.”
• Then select “Permits – Electrical and Residential.”
• Choose the application for the permit you wish to purchase.
• Follow the steps to complete the application.
• Submit payment.
The Electrical Inspector for Claiborne, Hancock, Union, Grainger, and Hawkins counties is Eric Ramsey. His office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. To speak to the inspector call (423) 626-0724 during his office hours or leave a message on his voicemail at any time and he will return your call.
Please do not hesitate to contact your local PVEC office or the Permits and Licensing team at (615) 741-7170 or by email at SFMO.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.