If your household has been impacted by the Coronavirus or COVID 19 since March 1, 2020 and you live in one of these counties, Clinch Powell may be able to help.
- Claiborne, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Union
Click here to apply for Utility Assistance. Deadline to apply is November 30, 2020.
What utility bills may be covered?
- Gas (household heating, cooking)
What does “impacted from COVID 19” mean?
- Loss of income since March 1, 2020 due to coronavirus impacts.
- Hardship expenses since March 1, 2020 due to coronavirus impacts.
- Interrupted employment since March 1, 2020 due to coronavirus impacts.
What happens after I apply?
After your application is received you will be contacted via email. It is important and your responsibility to provide a working email address and to check it often. If you need special accommodations, you can contact us.
Then you will be contacted by an application processor to collect necessary information and complete the application process after you submit your online application. To speed the process have these documents ready when you are contacted.
- Proof of COVID 19 impact.
- Proof of income for household
- Current paystubs showing reduction of hours/income
- Paystubs from February showing hours/income prior to COVID 19
- Unemployment letter
- Layout/termination letter (if applicable)
- Past due notice from utility company
- Copy of driver’s license or other identification.
- Other documents or information as requested by your processor to determine eligibility
The Tennessee Department of Human Services along with Tennessee Governor Bill Lee and the Financial Stimulus Accountability Group created the Tennessee Community CARES Program to invest $150 million in Coronavirus Relief Funds to help non-profit organizations with ongoing efforts to address health and economic needs created by the COVID-19 pandemic.